On this day the end of the cancer process came. Almost a year later, removal of the port.
2 days prior - Took the Corona Virus test. Test came back negative.
Day of Port Removal...
- 6 a.m. Wait and register
- 6:15 Prep, vital signs (my blood pressure was lower than I've ever seen it, very low, 115/70), change clothes, remove jewelry and wait.
- 7:15 Surgeon comes in and I signed the consent and he initials on my body near the port.
- 7:30 Wheeled into the operating room and was awake the entire time.
- They put my right arm straight out and my left arm was pin to my side. I realize what a straight jacket must feel like
- They put a grounding pad on my thigh because some type of electricity would be used
- They put on a blood pressure cup and temperature check on my index finger
- About three ladies got me ready before the surgeon came in
- The surgeon comes in and he starts calling out the tools he needed
- They draped my face and serialized the area, he put in a local anesthesia with a needle, it burned, it hurt BUT I've been through much worse.
- There was a lot of spraying and then he started cutting and tugging the port out. He told me it was out.
- Then he started stitching me up. While he was sewing me up the nurse was asking him about the next surgery and what he needed (I was like please do not distract him while he is working on me)
- Surgeon leaves and the nurses go to work removing all the things they put on me.
- They wheel me back to the prep room, new nurse who takes my vitals and my blood pressure is still low...interesting.
- Wait on the surgeon to write up the discharge orders. Take Tylenol for pain, no strenuous activities for 2 weeks.
- I put on my clothes, surgeon comes in and I thank him for EVERYTHING.
- 9:15 a.m. The process is over. I walk out and it is finished.
Thank you Most High God for the experience. Thank you for allowing me to learn about you, not the you that preachers talk about (the good times all loving Jesus) but the God of the Old Testament who brings judgement and justice. That God makes more sense to me. All Powerful God. The one who swallows up people and their families in the earth whole for disobedience. That powerful God is who I met during my down time. Thank you for giving me the time to learn who we are as your people. Thank you for helping me understand there can be pleasure in pain. Thank you for making me even tougher than I was. Thank you for allowing this to be a part of my earthly walk. Now, I pray that I hear your voice as you let me know how you want me to use this experience in your honor. Rider.